Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Siena and Sun

Walking around Siena... a view of one of the side streets. I think what I enjoyed most about this trip was being able to wander around the city on my own. I like that for class we go to so many different places, but we have to stay together in a group and don't really have time to see things for ourselves, so day trips are a must.
View of the city from a hill we wandered up. The bus was really easy to take, too. It cost about 13 euro for a round trip fare and it has a bus stop with a time table like a inner city bus. I think I like taking the bus a lot more than the train just because we can see so much more countryside as we wind around on the roads.
Myself, Caitlyn and Katie standing in front of their HUGE catherdral. Again, I really enjoyed wandering around it on my own. I may not know all of it's history, but as of now, it stands out in my mind as my favorite catherdral we have been to. It was also very beautiful and sunny for most of the day!
The inside of the cathedral. I loved when someone in a horizontal stripped shirt would walk in front of the columns... there is a man behind Katie who is a good example... also reminded me a little bit of Where's Waldo. Haha. My favorite part was the library. It was a room that displayed many of their books, but the frescos were in amazing condition and it was wonderful to just sit in the room and stare at the walls.
Back in Florence, Katie and I reading art history on our terrace. We really like our terrace...

1 comment:

Iris said...

Thanks for posting more pictures, Kelly. I'm enjoying them.
~Marilyn