Thursday, January 24, 2008

I made it!

My flight over here was amazing! Some how I flew in buisness class on British Airways. It was awesome. Needless to say, I didn’t sleep much... or at all. I tried though!
When I arrived I had no problem getting my bags, or getting a taxi, or finding 270 Earls Court Road. Way expensive though, I’m going to have to get over the prices here real fast. All the roads are full of houses and each street has a completely different feeling with their different facades. People here are also super nice! Although walking along the street I almost keep running into people because I keep trying to pass by them on the right, but obviously they want to pass staying on their left because they drive on the left side of the road here, so that is going to take a little time to get used to.
I’ve already met one of the other students who are on this trip, Charlie. He helped me move my stuff into my room and we walked around and got something to eat at a café. Then Kate finally got a hold of me on my cell phone, so then came trying to find one another. We both thought it would be a little easier than it was, so we didn’t take maps out with us, but we were both turned around. So after almost an hour of wandering around and racking up my cell phone bill, we finally found each other. I showed her where I lived and then we walked to where she lives which is about a mile away, really not a bad walk at all. We walked some more around her neighborhood which is really nice and quieter than mine, and then around 5pm London time, my lack of sleep and high of excitement for being here was wearing off, so I walked back home and unpacked my life for the next four months.
The place I’m staying is super nice, but really cold tonight. I have to figure out the heat soon because in a couple days I will have to give my roommates back their comforters… I also am in love with the accent! Every time I pass someone on the street I smile because it is straight out of a movie for me to hear the accent. I would not mind to speak with a British accent! I might work on that.
Tomorrow I am going sight seeing with Kate and some of her friends. The agenda is to go to the Victoria and Albert museum and to Harrods I believe! I also get to have dinner with my Aunt Margaret who lives in Germany! All very exciting! I think I will try to find a blanket on my travels tomorrow.
All for now, I need to try to sleep again. No jet lag for me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like an exciting four months, Kel. I think working on your British accent is quite a goal..and just think, then you'll be able to talk to Britney Spears! Keep the credit card in your pocket when in Harrods. Maybe the museums are a better choice!!? Thinking of you and sending love from all of us.